It is important to decide on the most appropriate colour for your interior design. When choosing the colour scheme for your interior walls, always take into consideration that the right colour combinations bring life to the essential rooms in your home. Therefore, consider the ambience you want for the room, the room’s purpose and the home decorations to be placed in the room when selecting colour shades and hues. Check out the meanings of each colour below in interior design and decoration.
- White – Technically, white is not a colour. It is neutral. However, it is included in this list as it is widely used because it can be combined with other colours. Because it reflects light, white makes any room appear bigger.
Meaning: Refreshing, Pure, Simple, Clean, Hygienic, Enlightening, Innocent, Optimistic, Open
(1) Traditional Living Room by Malvern Furniture & Accessories, Sheffield Furniture Interiors
- Red – This colour is powerful, vibrant and brings good fortune. It is a great colour for focal points or feature walls. This is a great accent colour. However, this is not advisable to be used in bedroom walls because it tends to increase breathing.
Meaning: Stimulating, Brave, Warm, Powerful, Loving, Luxurious, Bold, Passionate
(2) Contemporary Living Room by New York Interior Designers & Decorators
- Blue – This colour is considered safe to use in interior decorating. When used in two tones, blue creates a magnificently tranquil and heavenly space ideal for adult bedrooms and bathrooms.
Meaning: Cool, Fresh, Spatial, Balancing, Tranquil, Heavenly, Expansive
(3) Traditional Bathroom by San Diego Interior Designers & Decorators, Savvy Interiors
- Yellow – It is an innovative colour and depicts positivity and radiance. You can use shades of yellow in dining rooms, bedrooms, hallways and literally anywhere. You’d be surprised to know that cream is a yellow shade that is widely used anywhere.
Meaning: Positive, Warm, Enriching, Radiant, Welcoming, Inspiring, Sunny
(4) Traditional Dining Room by Other Metro Furniture & Accessories, COLECCION ALEXANDRA
- Green – This is a versatile colour because it complements most colours. It creates a restful and relaxing space ideal for bathrooms and bedrooms because of the calming effect it brings.
Meaning: Calming, Harmonious, Cool, Growing, Relaxing, Balancing, Elegant
(5) Eclectic Bedroom by Los Gatos Interior Designers & Decorators, Design Theory Interiors of California, Inc
- Orange – The colour orange is perfect to use as an accent. It is a fun and cheerful colour making it a popular choice for bedrooms of teenagers. It can also be used on a feature wall on any room of your home to make a focal point.
Meaning: Happy, Lively, Spontaneous, Warm, Cheerful, Extrovert
(6) Contemporary Kids by Winter Park Interior Designers & Decorators, Masterpiece Design Group
- Purple – This regal colour is usually used in softer hues. They promote calmness and inner peace which is why they are used in bathrooms and bedrooms. When integrated with other colours, purple can be striking but still coordinated.
Meaning: Well Balanced, Serene, Majestic, Dignified, Supreme
(7) Contemporary Kitchen