One of the most recent trends when it comes to home decoration and interior design is the prevalence of designer bathrooms. Primarily, bathrooms are transformed into spa-like havens where one can relax and unwind after a full day’s work. In order for you to attain a luxurious bathroom that will make you feel the royal treatment you deserve, check out the valuable ideas and tips below.
1. A bathroom generally needs task lighting but for a designer bathroom, including ambient lighting works wonders in creating a romantic and sophisticated look. You can install a chandelier, sconces and light dimmers in the lighting fixtures. Gilt and crystal maximises the classy look of your bathroom.
2. An antique marble-top chest of drawers can be put in along with a sink to create a beautiful vanity. Remember to leave some storage in the chest so it can accommodate plumbing fixtures like pipe drains. They keep room clutter-free. Modifications can be worth it but remember that once you alter them, there is no going back.
3. Invest in under floor heating. Nothing compares to stepping on a warm floor when you step out of the shower or go into the bathroom early in the morning. This investment is worthwhile. You can use slate or ceramic tile flooring to enhance the luxurious appearance of your bathroom, but this doesn’t mean cheap floor tiles won’t look good!
4. Beautifully framed mirrors are in. Plain glass sheets that are usually placed over vanities are things of the past. Fabulously framed mirrors are very eye-catching adding a splendid look to your designer bathroom. To completely achieve a perfectly designed luxury bathroom, accessorise with fog free mirrors.
5. Flowing drapes and curtains are great to use for your bathroom windows. Shutters and roller blinds are now a thing of the past. Although, keep the bathroom’s size in mind so you won’t end up overwhelming the space. Materials like silk and velvet can work wonders. Add fringe and tassels for embellishment.
Sometimes, sensibly choosing the right accessories can have a big effect in achieving a luxury bathroom design without the need to spend much. For instance, you can find antique crystal bottles in flea markets to put your cotton balls and Q-tips. Decanters can be filled with mouthwash. Silver, crystal or brass trays are also useful in organising jars and containers. All these simple add on make the room look luxurious and organised. Overall, even if you aim to have a luxury designer bathroom, always take into consideration that comfort and functionality are still number one priorities when designing your bathroom.